- To whiten laces, wash in sour milk.
- When storing linens, leave them unstarched as the starch rots them.
- A little vinegar added to the water in which you rinse your stockings will increase their elasticity and make them practically runproof.
- Sprinkling clothes with floral waters when ironing will freshen dresser drawers and closets.
- When ironing a man's shirt, button the sleeves together so they don't touch the floor.
- If cottons scorch while ironing - plunge them into cold water immediately and let stand for 24 hours. The scorched areas will disappear.
- Colored cotton fabrics which have been soaked overnight in strong salt water will not fade.